Voorhies Mansion Vaux's

Kristi Mergenthaler

Sep 6, 2021, 1:06:55 PM9/6/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
I just learned that an intrepid and curious person braved the smoke and saw a BUNCH  of Vaux's Swifts last Fri. and Sat. at Voorhies Mansion/Edenvale Winery. The last two years resulted in virtually no observation, but prior to then it was a great roost for fall migration. This begs the question: are they still also using the roost off the Phoenix exit. Voorhies is a private property, so if you do not know the visit protocols, please contact me.

Because of smoke and energy levels, I am afraid I have not set up a google sheet to help organize observations and Vaux's Happening reports this year - this is a list for for a few VASW chimney sites in Medford. Phoenix and Jacksonville beyond the marvelous roost at Hedrick Middle School... this week I will update the sheet and send it around.

Kristi