Barn Owlets

Karl Schneck

Jun 3, 2021, 12:39:35 AM6/3/21
to Rogue Valley Birds
Last year 6 owlets were banded from the nest box in my shop building. I just heard this from the bander:
"One of your nestlings from 2020 was struck by a car down near San Francisco. It was successfully rehabilitated and released in April of 2021... so hopefully its back out there and doing well.  Pretty neat that one of your owls ended up all the way down near San Fran.  That's a long way."
Best I can tell, there are 4 owlets in the box now, possibly more under the mom... cute little white fuzzies that didn't even hiss at me for peeking at them... and mom looks so calm about it all... she's probably worn out from dealing with the kids.