White Pelicans over Ashland, 12/24

Vince Zauskey

Dec 24, 2020, 3:52:03 PM12/24/20
to rv-b...@googlegroups.com
As I was driving home (heading north) I noticed approx. 20 large birds circling not far from the Asante Hospital.  I had my binoculars with me, turned on the 4-way flashers and stopped in enough time to ID White Pelicans as they circled and then disappeared over a nearby ridge.  Quite surprising (but I think they're too early for the Ashland CBC Count Week?).

I also noticed 5 Red-tailed Hawks soaring/flying between downtown Ashland - the Breadboard Restaurant.

frank lospalluto

Dec 25, 2020, 1:00:44 PM12/25/20
to Rogue Valley Birds
I saw on ebird that Janet K. had 30 over Ashland Pond yesterday and at a little past 2 pm I saw a flock of 50 flying over the south end of Emigrant Lake near where highway 66 crosses Hill Creek. They were headed north toward where there is water.
Also I saw a lone TREE SWALLOW around noon over Bear Creek near Suncrest Road.
happy christmas,
frank

Janet Kelly

Dec 25, 2020, 2:13:54 PM12/25/20
to frank lospalluto, Rogue Valley Birds
The 30+ Pelicans I saw from Ashland Pond came in from the north and circled over Billings Pond until they finally landed on the water.  Very cool and unexpected sighting!

Enjoy the day🎄

Janet Kelly

Sent from my iPhone