The House of the Scorpion

中如

Sep 13, 2008, 7:10:53 PM9/13/08
to Learn English with Ruth
Hello, everyone! I've just finished a book whose name is "The House
of the Scorpion." I like this book very much, although not as much as
"The Chocolate War." It is set in the future, maybe 100 to 200 years
ahead of us, of which I'm not quite sure. The story happens in the
present-day southern U.S. Has anyone ever read it? In Chinese it is
called 蝎子家族. I don't want to spoil the fun of reading if you haven't
read it yet. Yet I highly recommend this book. The hero of the book,
Matt, is a clone, and he is not an ordinary clone, but the clone of
the most powerful DRUG LORD in the world. So what do you think? I'd
like to talk about it with anyone who is reading or has read it.