NYTimes on cycling

greenb...@aol.com

Sep 3, 2020, 12:35:08 AM9/3/20
to rusty-...@googlegroups.com

Tom Gibboney

Sep 3, 2020, 11:51:24 AM9/3/20
to rusty-...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Thanks.  Good news for us seniors. I read this a few days ago.

Hope you are doing well up on the hill. Can you get food delivered up there?

Another subject. Dr. Christine Thorburn, one of our celebrity riders, has agreed to ride the virtual Tour. Would you be interested in riding with her? She will only take two riders. She is leaving from Konditori.

Let me know.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone

Michael Herzen

Sep 3, 2020, 4:11:27 PM9/3/20
to rusty-...@googlegroups.com

Tom -

Thanks.  She was one of my old favorites, as I had a picture of her from the Chron up on my bulletin board for years – she was then a candidate, as I recall, for the US Olympic road-racing team.  And, rode with her a few years ago on one of the TdM training rides.  She had the kindness and curtesy to hang back with old duffers like me.

BUT, I am definitely riding with Kathy, my ‘new’ favorite!

MH