Duplicate File Finder ( high performance, cross platform )

Raj Kiran Gade

Oct 12, 2017, 5:58:12 AM10/12/17
to rus...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just wondering, can we come up with a rust library/program that would search across all existing drives/USBs and list down duplicate files?
Checksums can be used to match file integrity.

Any pointers to get started off would help.

Regards,
Raj Kiran Gade
--
Regards,
Raj Kiran Gade

kashyap k

Oct 12, 2017, 6:10:44 AM10/12/17
to rus...@googlegroups.com
Sounds really interesting. You can also use bindings to the “file” command that has logic to determine the file type based on bye signatures.
--
https://meetup.com/rustox
---

Raj Kiran Gade

Oct 12, 2017, 9:16:15 AM10/12/17
to rus...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the response. I am new to Rust and currently going through the book, but thought to look at a solution to integrate the learning.
Will get started in a small way, push code to git and share the link.
Please contribute or suggest how it can be made better.

Regards,
Raj Kiran Gade

Regards,
Raj Kiran Gade

Sanchayan Maity

Oct 22, 2017, 12:04:38 AM10/22/17
to Rust Bangalore Community
A bit of follow up to our discussion yesterday evening
https://github.com/dcuddeback/libudev-rs

Rust bindings to udev.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev