Russian Theory Interest Group Meeting in St. Louis

Inessa Bazayev

Aug 21, 2015, 11:32:06 AM8/21/15
to SMT - Russian Theory Interest Group
Dear All,

I hope you had a wonderful summer! Below is our schedule of events for the up-coming meeting in St. Louis. Please be sure to complete the assigned readings prior to coming to the meeting. This year we're very excited to have Pat McCreless, Ellen Bakulina, and Chris Segall as our guest speakers. Joe Kraus will provide a brief report on the conference in Moscow. [For Bakulina's and Segall's presentations, I'm also including Kholopov's original Russian. The attached translations from the original Russian are Bakulina's and Segall's.]

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me directly.

All best,
Inessa Bazayev, chair
Russian Theory Interest Group
--

Russian Interest Group Meeting
Saturday 31 October

12:00 Inessa Bazayev, Welcome and announcements
12:15 Pat McCreless (Yale), "Shostakovich's 'Fragment' from Four Monologues on Verses of Pushkin: Analytical Problems and Approaches"
12:40 Chris Segall (Cincinnati), "Harmonic Function in Shostakovich's Twelve-Tone Rows"
1:05  Ellen Bakulina (Yale), "Kholopov's States of Tonality"
1:30 Joe Kraus (FSU), Report on the conference in Moscow

Bakulina - Kholopov Garmoniya ch11 pt28.pdf
Bakulina - States of Tonality for SMT 2015-2.pdf
McCreless - Readings for Shostakovich, Op. 91, No. 1.pdf
Segall - Kholopov - GA chap 20-2.pdf
Segall - Kholopov on Shostakovich Qt 13-2.pdf