Prokofiev Symposium - February 2016

Inessa Bazayev

Oct 16, 2015, 3:00:58 PM10/16/15
to SMT - Russian Theory Interest Group

Dear Russian Theory Interest Group Members,

I'd like to invite you to the forthcoming Symposium on Prokofiev and the Russian Tradition. It is a three-day event with keynotes by Simon Morrison and Richard Taruskin, masterclasses with Gabriel Prokofiev, concerts by notable performers, and conference paper presentations by thirty-six delegates from eleven countries. (Some of the presentations are by our Interest Group's members!)

Below is the information regarding Prokofiev Symposium. Please do not hesitate to email me should you have any further questions.

I'm also attaching the poster of the event. Please post them on the bulletin boards of your departments. I would appreciate if you can also forward this information to your interested colleagues, students, and friends.

With best wishes,
Inessa

--

Registration is now open for the Symposium on Prokofiev on the Russian Tradition: http://wp.music.lsu.edu/prokofiev/
Prokofiev Symposium - LSU School of Music | Baton Rouge ...

The Symposium was inspired by the fragments of Prokofiev’s unfinished Piano Concerto No. 6, which will be premiered at the Louisiana State University. We are grateful to have received exclusive permission from Sergey Prokofiev’s heirs in London and Paris to perform this work.

The Symposium is a three-day affair with conference papers presentations by delegates from eleven countries. The selection process was very competitive and only thirty-six papers were selected by the program committee.

The event features keynote lectures by Simon Morrison (Princeton University) and Richard Taruskin (University of California, Berkeley); masterclasses by Gabriel Prokofiev and Frederic Chiu; and performances by Frederic Chiu and Barbara Nissman.

In order to receive a special registration rate, please register before December 4. You will also have the opportunity to choose to come to the banquet with the invited speakers and guest artists on Saturday 27 February.

On the webpage you can find information about registration, program of events, directions, and lodging. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email me directly at ibaz...@lsu.edu.

I hope you can attend the Symposium for its engaging papers, innovative concerts, and distinguished invited speakers. I look forward to meeting you in February 2016!

All the best,
Inessa Bazayev

Director of the Symposium on Prokofiev and the Russian Tradition
Assistant Professor of Music Theory
Louisiana State University

--

Inessa Bazayev, Ph.D.