Reminder: SMT Arlington 2017

Chris Segall

Oct 31, 2017, 10:24:58 AM10/31/17
to SMT Russian Music Theory Interest Group

Dear Members,

I’d like to remind you of the Russian Music Theory Interest Group’s activities at this year’s SMT meeting in Arlington.

Friday, November 3, 9:00–10:00 a.m.

Interest Group Fair

Salons 5–7

Organized by the SMT Vice-President, the Interest Group Fair will feature representatives and videos from each SMT interest group. As Chair, I will represent the Russian Music Theory Interest Group. I’ll be on hand to share information and answer questions.

I have also made a video that will be available for viewing at the Interest Group Fair. The video outlines the aims and activities of our interest group. After the conference, I will have it featured on our interest group website. You can view the video at the link below. My thanks to Hagan Zoellers for producing the video.

https://youtu.be/aiVQZDCSDQA

Saturday, November 4, 12:15–1:45 p.m.

Russian Music Theory Interest Group Meeting

Salons 1 & 2

As a reminder, our annual meeting will feature four paper presentations.

12:15

Introduction

Christopher Segall (University of Cincinnati), Chair

12:25

Spirituality and Cyclicity in Galina Ustvolskaya’s Piano Works

Inessa Bazayev (Louisiana State University)

12:45

Rifts in Sonata Space: Medtner’s Sonatas Op. 22 and Op. 25, No. 2

Christopher Brody (University of Louisville)

1:05

Praying with Alfred Schnittke and Grigor Narekatsi: Exploring the Second Movement of the Concerto for Choir

Aleksandra Drozzina (Louisiana State University)

1:25

Expression Parameters and Spiritual Dramaturgy in Sofia Gubaidulina’s Am Rande des Abgrunds

Christopher Lennard (University of Texas at Austin)

Please join us for the annual meeting, and feel free to drop by the Interest Group Fair.

Sincerely,

Chris Segall

Chair, Russian Music Theory Interest Group