Schedule: Russian Music Theory Interest Group Meeting (SMT Arlington 2017)

Chris Segall

Sep 26, 2017, 6:12:34 PM9/26/17
to SMT Russian Music Theory Interest Group
Dear List Members,

I am pleased to announce the schedule for this year's SMT Russian Music Theory Interest Group Meeting, to be held on Saturday, November 4, at 12:15–1:45 p.m. Our program will feature one invited speaker (Inessa Bazayev, former Chair of the Interest Group), and three presentations selected through blind review. My thanks to Ellen Bakulina and Rebecca Perry, who served on the program committee, and to all those who submitted proposals.

I cordially invite you to attend the meeting, if you will be present at the conference.

Sincerely,
Chris Segall

-----

Russian Music Theory Interest Group

Society for Music Theory

Saturday, November 4, 2017

12:15–1:45 p.m.

Schedule

12:15

Introduction

Christopher Segall (University of Cincinnati), Chair

12:25

Spirituality and Cyclicity in Galina Ustvolskaya’s Piano Works

Inessa Bazayev (Louisiana State University)

12:45

Rifts in Sonata Space: Medtner’s Sonatas Op. 22 and Op. 25, No. 2

Christopher Brody (University of Louisville)

1:05

Praying with Alfred Schnittke and Grigor Narekatsi: Exploring the Second Movement of the Concerto for Choir

Aleksandra Drozzina (Louisiana State University)

1:25

Expression Parameters and Spiritual Dramaturgy in Sofia Gubaidulina’s Am Rande des Abgrunds

Christopher Lennard (University of Texas at Austin)

1:45

End of meeting