Some feedback from attendee

Maciej Wiśniowski

Apr 17, 2007, 11:49:38 AM4/17/07
to RuPy Discussions
So far there are relations from speakers, so now few words from
attendee.

First of all thanks for this event. We spent a lot of hours in the
train but it was worth it.
You had really nice organisation, especially that it was first time
and there were so many problems with absent speakers, public
communcation in Poznan, some technical problems etc. But you, guys
(and girl :)) from UAM, managed to handle all of this, and in general
fighting with problems was often funny and created a friendly climate.
Idea of evening meeting in Proletaryat was great :) Thanks for this.
Also thanks to all speakers as the talks were really good I think.
Good, interesting and with nice examples. I especially enjoyed
Giuseppe Romagnoli's Python in development for public administration,
but found grono.net, Mateusz Biliński and Lukasz Lenga talks very
interesting too.

What is most important we met interesting people, had interesting
talks with them, and gain new, valuable, contacts :)

What I would like to see... Like Fuzzyman already said in his blog it
would be nice to have a talk about RoR. As I'm especially interested
in web frameworks I hoped that I'll be able to compare them.
TurboGears, Django, RoR, Zope etc. unfortunatelly there was nice,
detailed talk about TurboGears and talks where we were only close to
Django (grono.net) and Zope (python in developement for public
administration). I've missed RadiantCMS so I'm not sure if there were
something more about RoR itself. Some more ways to do comparisions
between ruby and python that is what I'd like to see.
But maybe this is slightly different problem - there were too many
interesting talks about python and I just kept missing ruby talks. I'm
glad that organisators listened to proposal and managed to do some
rotations that we could all see nice talk 'Ruby/Rails tool that
helps'. Otherwise I'm not sure If I'd see any Ruby talk. So I think
that having more single sessions may be a good idea for the next time.

--
Maciej Wiśniowski