Diversity Recruitment Event at NU

1 view

PsychAlliance Psi Chi & Psych Society

Apr 5, 2010, 6:27:49 PM4/5/10
to rups...@googlegroups.com, rupsych...@googlegroups.com, rutger...@email.rutgers.edu

Northwestern's psychology department is hosting a program on June 4th and 5th for undergraduates who are members of traditionally underrepresented groups, and who are potentially interested in pursuing graduate study in psychology.  Activities will include a workshop designed to help with the graduate school application process and opportunities to meet psychology department faculty members and graduate students to learn what graduate school is like and how they might fit into the graduate programs and laboratory groups at Northwestern.  Travel and accommodation costs associated with participation will be covered, and the application process will be fast and free (applications are due by April 30).  If you know of any relevant students who may be interested in this program, I would be very grateful if you could bring it to their attention!  You can simply direct them to our website for more information:

http://www.wcas.northwestern.edu/psych/Documents/sneakpeek.html

If there is an administrator or a student group in your department that

is specifically concerned with student diversity issues, please feel

free to forward this email message.  We greatly appreciate your help in

getting the word out about this program.

Thanks so much,

Rick

Rick Zinbarg, Ph.D.
Professor and Director of Clinical Training, Psychology Department, Northwestern University
Patricia M Nielsen Research Chair and Director, Anxiety and Panic Treatment Program, The Family Institute at Northwestern University
Psychology Department: (847) 467-2290
Family Institute: (847) 733-4300, ext. 609

--

Thank you,
RU PsychAlliance Executive Board 2009-2010