action syntax for projects

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Collin

未读,
2009年8月27日 15:41:332009/8/27
收件人 Runway
Hi,

First things first: great app; very simple but to the point! Thx!

I often add actions which belong to a project, but I always have to
add the action and immediately edit it to add a project. This is
especially annoying when I have a project selected, because the newly
created action isn't shown...

Natasha Bradley

未读,
2009年8月28日 07:43:362009/8/28
收件人 runw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Collin

Glad you're enjoying Runway.

I'm reading this as 'I want to add all actions to the project I have
highlighted in Current Projects in the focus panel'. Is this the
case? I hope I'm interpreting your point correctly, please let me know
if I'm not!

As you know, its not functionality Runway currently supports. A
'workaround' which may save you some hassle when creating new tasks is
to expand out the 'Add an action' box by using the tab key. If you
enter your task syntax and then use the tab key (tabbing forward) the
action expands to allow for a Project Name to be assigned and some
notes. Hopefully this will allow you to add tasks to a project more
efficiently.

Let me know if I've misunderstood your request.

Regards

Natasha

Collin

未读,
2009年8月28日 13:51:152009/8/28
收件人 Runway
Hi Natasha,

You understood me correctly :-) That's a good workaround you propose.
I didn't know that 'tab' expands the action box.

Thx!

cr

Marty Andrews

未读,
2009年8月28日 02:52:522009/8/28
收件人 runw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Collin,

When you add an action, try hitting the TAB key instead of enter.
That will give you a more advanced dialog that lets you enter the
project immediately. The project names will start matching the text
as you type as well.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Marty Andrews

On 28/08/2009, at 5:41 AM, Collin wrote:

Rics

未读,
2009年8月28日 21:34:122009/8/28
收件人 runw...@googlegroups.com
Excelent hint!!!
---
Rics
http://www.pensarics.com
http://www.meadiciona.com/rics
Maringá, PR - Brasil

2009/8/28 Marty Andrews <ma...@cogentconsulting.com.au>

Jonathan O'Donnell

未读,
2009年9月6日 20:06:512009/9/6
收件人 Runway
Thanks for this. I didn't know about using the tab key to expand the
action box, either. It is very handy.

I have a different use case for putting in project details. I often
clear out my in-box by sending to-dos to Runway. I would love to be
able to add a Project name into the subject line.

At the moment, I review my to-dos via the Web interface each morning
and add the Project names then. It would be much easier if I could
add them when I submit them by e-mail.

Thanks for a great application.

Jonathan
回复全部