suggestions: inbox, support for loading "today"

1 view

Brent Snook

Sep 13, 2009, 12:09:07 PM9/13/09
to Runway
Hi,

I have some more suggestions about how to better handle newly captured
actions and how to automatically fill my "today" list.

I use "soon" to feed my "today" list. Hopefully the day starts with my
"today" list nice and empty (apart from any "waiting" actions) which I
then load up from "soon" until I think I'm at capacity.

One thing that has begun to annoy me recently is how newly captured
actions jump in with those that have already been processed. They jump
in right at the top, taking the place of those that have already been
prioritised. I have to then manually pick them out and process them.

It feels to me like newly captured actions don't have a place in the
main list until they are properly processed. I'd like a sort of inbox
area where new actions captured from mail and twitter arrive. This
would keep them out of the prioritised list until they are properly
prioritised and make them easier to process. I'd find this more
valuable than the review tab that's already there.

Some support for the loading of my "today" list would also be pretty
cool. At the moment I make a guess at what I can achieve, typically
remembering how much I did yesterday and loading up my today list with
the same amount. The simplest way to help with this might be to figure
out how much I did yesterday and tell me somewhere. It would also be
cool to let me load the right a suitable amount of actions at a single
click.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brent.

Natasha Bradley

Sep 14, 2009, 7:29:27 AM9/14/09
to runw...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brent

thanks again for taking the time to give us feedback. If you keep
this level of detail & quality up I'll have to send you a stack of
index cards in the mail so you can write me stories for future Agile
iterations ;o)...just kidding! Kinda!

Again, I've stored this away for future reference. Your feedback is
most useful.

Regards

Natasha

Brent Snook

Sep 14, 2009, 5:02:57 PM9/14/09
to runw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Natasha,

I'll let you know my rates :P

Runway is a great and I use it every day, more than happy to give
feedback. Let me know if you need any more detail when you write the
stories.

Brent.