How do I make it register a Person

已查看 1 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

adam11235

未读,
2009年5月17日 23:52:152009/5/17
收件人 Runway
Silly question -

I cannot figure out the syntax for getting a persons name in to the
Task such that it appears in the 'by person' section of the focus
panel.

Thanks, Adam.

mrowe

未读,
2009年5月18日 02:41:322009/5/18
收件人 Runway
Hi Adam,

On May 18, 1:52 pm, adam11235 <adam.k.web...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I cannot figure out the syntax for getting a persons name in to the
> Task such that it appears in the 'by person' section of the focus
> panel.

In a nutshell, we extract a person's name from your action when it has
a form like "call X about/to" or "talk to X". For example: "Call Casi
to get membership number".

There are lots of alternative phrases that will work. Have a look at
http://www.runwayapp.com/help/special-actions for more details.

If you have an example of something that you'd like us to support, let
us know and we'll look at add it.

Cheers,

--
Michael Rowe <mic...@cogentconsulting.com.au>
http://www.cogentconsulting.com.au/

adam11235

未读,
2009年5月18日 03:00:252009/5/18
收件人 Runway

Hmm I just cut and pasted a bunch of those special actions into runway
- none of them resulted in a Person entry appearing in the focus pane
on the right...

I tried:

Invite Sue for lunch
Contact Travo re: artwork
Talk to Marty re next thursday
Call Casi to get membership number
Phone mum about dad's birthday
Phone Peter about my job
Ask Jess if she liked her birthday present
Ask Dad to play golf with me

Cheers, Adam.

On May 18, 4:41 pm, mrowe <michael.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On May 18, 1:52 pm, adam11235 <adam.k.web...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I cannot figure out the syntax for getting a persons name in to the
> > Task such that it appears in the 'by person' section of the focus
> > panel.
>
> In a nutshell, we extract a person's name from your action when it has
> a form like "call X about/to" or "talk to X". For example: "Call Casi
> to get membership number".
>
> There are lots of alternative phrases that will work. Have a look athttp://www.runwayapp.com/help/special-actionsfor more details.
>
> If you have an example of something that you'd like us to support, let
> us know and we'll look at add it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Michael Rowe <mich...@cogentconsulting.com.au>http://www.cogentconsulting.com.au/http://www.mikerowecode.com/

Simon Harris

未读,
2009年5月18日 07:11:132009/5/18
收件人 Runway
Drat! I just tried it and they all worked a treat. Any chance you
could send a screendump of the result so we can see what's going on?

On May 18, 5:00 pm, adam11235 <adam.k.web...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm I just cut and pasted a bunch of those special actions into runway
> - none of them resulted in a Person entry appearing in the focus pane
> on the right...
>
> I tried:
>
> Invite Sue for lunch
> Contact Travo re: artwork
> Talk to Marty re next thursday
> Call Casi to get membership number
> Phone mum about dad's birthday
> Phone Peter about my job
> Ask Jess if she liked her birthday present
> Ask Dad to play golf with me
>
> Cheers, Adam.
>
> On May 18, 4:41 pm, mrowe <michael.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Adam,
>
> > On May 18, 1:52 pm, adam11235 <adam.k.web...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I cannot figure out the syntax for getting a persons name in to the
> > > Task such that it appears in the 'by person' section of the focus
> > > panel.
>
> > In a nutshell, we extract a person's name from your action when it has
> > a form like "call X about/to" or "talk to X". For example: "Call Casi
> > to get membership number".
>
> > There are lots of alternative phrases that will work. Have a look athttp://www.runwayapp.com/help/special-actionsformore details.

adam11235

未读,
2009年5月18日 18:46:422009/5/18
收件人 Runway
I just logged into Runway this morning and all the people are now
listed. Did you change some code overnight? ;)

So I thought it might be some kind of refresh issue, but entering
tasks this morning updates the people immediately.

I don't know what was happening yesterday...

On May 18, 9:11 pm, Simon Harris

Rics

未读,
2009年7月2日 10:27:412009/7/2
收件人 Runway
Special Actions are great, but only if you are an english speaker. For
people like me, that has other primary language, it's a little odd.

It would be nice to have all options possible in the creation string.
Like we use @Context we could use #Person or .Person, I don't know...

Imagine:

Waiting Brian to call me #Brian 0m none

In english it may not make sense because of special actions feature,
but in portuguese (and other languages) it does.

Esperando o Brian ligar de volta #Brian 0m done

Get it???

Maybe, in the future, when Runway get support for
internationalization, the special actions triggers could be translated
too, but for now it should be nice to be able to set all variables in
the start string (not automaticaly).

Rics

On 18 maio, 03:41, mrowe <michael.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> On May 18, 1:52 pm, adam11235 <adam.k.web...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I cannot figure out the syntax for getting a persons name in to the
> > Task such that it appears in the 'byperson' section of the focus
> > panel.
>
> In a nutshell, we extract aperson'sname from your action when it has
> a form like "call X about/to" or "talk to X". For example: "Call Casi
> to get membership number".
>
> There are lots of alternative phrases that will work. Have a look athttp://www.runwayapp.com/help/special-actionsfor more details.
>
> If you have an example of something that you'd like us to support, let
> us know and we'll look at add it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Michael Rowe <mich...@cogentconsulting.com.au>http://www.cogentconsulting.com.au/http://www.mikerowecode.com/