Get healthier, trimmer and a better runner in every which way by running faster - See you at your best on Dec 11th

Rahul Verghese

Jul 21, 2016, 12:24:12 AM7/21/16
to geea...@mac.com
Want to run in the Olympics??
You can!

When you run faster you automatically start to run better
When you run better you are motivated to find out more about how to run even better
That's the magic of running faster.

Once a year you should choose a run to do your fastest - no matter what the distance - 5km or a 10km or a half or full marathon or perhaps an Ultra.
Then train seriously for it, with other events if any, en route being strictly training runs and not a flat out event - else you are likely to get injured en route to your goal.

Running better results in:
Lower chance of injury
More efficient running and therefore better stamina and speed
More enjoyment during each run
Then you focus on form, food, fluid, stretching, cross training, muscles, relaxation ......
And then your entire body and self, becomes ever fitter and you feel 10 years younger

Thats why we have ONE run in Gurgaon every year - for you to run your fastest. The 9th edition of the #Gurgaon Running And Living Marathon and a Half, on Dec 11th is tailor made for your run to be fast. It is cold, flat and uncrowded. We keep it uncrowded and cut off the participation at 1500, to ensure you have a great experience.

It is here each year that we get several people running their personal best times post some serious training they put in - it does not happening by magic but when it happens, it feels magical.

We would love to have you choose your distance from 5k to 63.3k and start training with some focus.
Hal Higdon's training schedules which are among the world's best, are on our website at https://runningandliving.com/component/k2/item/230-training-schedules

They include - stretching, strengthening, cross training apart from running
The importance of rest cannot be highlighted enough - overtraining for a marathon is one of the main causes of injury, even more than under training.

We do several training runs on this route from now to November - so go for it and plan your Dec business trip to Gurgaon :-)

In the flat wide open spaces in the outskirts of Gurgaon where the air is fresh and crisp - we want to see you run your fastest and beam with pride - click on https://runningandliving.com/our-runs/gurgaon-marathon-and-a-half and avail your early bird discounted rate  and start training tomorrow.

See you soon
Regards
Rahul

ps: To stop receiving these mails just reply with 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line