Panchkula XC 5K, 10K and Half Marathon Ahoy

Anirban Saha

Jan 2, 2012, 1:04:35 AM1/2/12
to runningandl...@googlegroups.com, runningandli...@googlegroups.com, running-and-...@googlegroups.com, runnigandli...@googlegroups.com, runningand...@googlegroups.com, runningandl...@googlegroups.com

Yes we are coming to town and so is the legendary Fauja Singh...

2011 was a great year. We made a lot of new friends and ran with them in the plains, up on the hills, in the countryside and in the middle of the hustle and bustle of our city.

Now we ring in the New Year with a cross country run in the very scenic and picturesque trails of Panchkula on Sunday, Jan 8th starting at 8:30 AM starting and finishing at North Park Hotel, North of Nada Sahib Gurudwara, Panchkula. Registrations have been kept open till 3rd January for last minute registrants post the New Year resolutions - and can be done online at http://www.runningandliving.com/PanchkulaMarathonandHalf/index.html. A few last minute registrations will be possible on a first come first served basis at the expo at North Park on 7th Jan between 8am and 10am only.

Shri Fauja Singh apart from running the initial run will also be signing his Biographical – “Turbaned Tornado” at the venue and will be accompanied by Khushwant Singh, the author.

Sports drinks, Water, Eats for the Endurance Runners, along with Traffic Management, Convenient Parking Toilets & a  doctor from Alchemist Hospital will make the running experience comfortable and safe - But this is a cross country run so you should be prepared for uneven surfaces and running through bushes and scrub in some areas.

See you running with us!

Regards,

Anirban