Message for all ye runners planning on the full marathon in Mumbai this Sunday

Rahul Verghese

Jan 16, 2013, 11:43:18 AM1/16/13
to Sujit Jadhav
Hi

For all those full marathoners who are running this Sunday in Mumbai with a time of 4:30 or longer in particular, would strongly recommend carrying a salted sports drink or salty sweet lime juice and taking a few sips every 5km. I find this works exceptionally well for me as well as for several others who I have run with, and who have cramped at around 35k or closer to the finish line, and have then finished powerfully. My Magic Potion is a double shot of Gatorade powder in a 500 ml bottle, add in 2 teaspoonsful of rock salt, and then a bit of Tang to add to the taste. But try this out tomorrow and day after to get a bit acclimatised - just a couple of sips every 5k - You will come through smiling - Promise!

Best
Rahul Verghese
We work with brands to unleash their potential in an engaging and fun way, via running