New runner in Baroda

Eduarda Lazari

Feb 1, 2014, 12:39:35 AM2/1/14
to runningandl...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I just joined the group. I'm arriving in Baroda next week and spendind 6 weeks there for volunteer work. I've been in India since december and almost didn't run. So, I'm really out of shape, but I want to get back to running while I'm in Baroda. Also, I have signed up for a run in Surat in Feb 23rd. Also, I'm originally from Brazil. I'm an exchange student working in primary schools of India until the end of March.

I'd like tips on where to run in Baroda: what are the best routes, stadiums, gyms and public areas for that. Also, I'd like to know what's the best time for running (I like to run in the morning) and if there are any restrictions concerning the type of clothes I should wear. I'm also up for group runs and getting to know the local runners.

Before I left my home country (Brazil) I was starting to go for longer runs (15km), but I'm a solid 10k runner. Probably not as fast as I was before I stopped trainning, but pretty sure I can still endure the distance.

Looking forward for answers.

Kind regards,

Eduarda.

Sameer Gaikwad

Feb 1, 2014, 4:01:44 AM2/1/14
to eduard...@gmail.com, runningandl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eduarda,

Greetings from Baroda. We have an informal group of runners called Baroda Road Runners. You can find us on Facebook.

You can contact us when you land into Baroda. (Yes, most of us do the morning runs.)

Cheers, Sameer Gaikwad
Sent from my iPad

Reni George

Feb 2, 2014, 10:55:49 AM2/2/14
to runningandl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eduarda

Welcome you to baroda
You can contact me on 9898020770,I will introduce you to some our runners.I have also been out of shape since last six months,after i underwent a surgery on my left hand and also a ligament injury.

Anyways welcome you to for next six months training,we will arrange some good runs and endurance training,as we have been out of shape

Thanks and Regards
Reni George

Thanks and Regards
Reni George

Eduarda Lazari

Feb 6, 2014, 10:45:21 AM2/6/14
to runningandl...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Reni! I'll get a new SIM Card in Baroda, but if you use Whatsapp, you can contact me at this number +91 33 990-314-9859. Looking forward to running in Baroda.

Regards,
Eduarda.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "runningandliving-baroda" group.

Reni George

Feb 12, 2014, 3:54:00 AM2/12/14
to eduard...@gmail.com, runningandl...@googlegroups.com
Hi eduarda

I am not able to add to you on whatsapp, your number is not showing,you could try to add me my number is +91 9898020770,I am also going through some strengthening exercise and other small runs