Older Runners Get Inspiration From Boston Marathon Win - The Wall Street Journal.

Mark Ulrich

Apr 22, 2014, 10:28:05 AM4/22/14
to RRT

I thought you would be interested in the following story from The Wall Street Journal.

Older Runners Get Inspiration From Boston Marathon Win

http://on.wsj.com/1msYscm

The Wall Street Journal App provides a new way to experience the Journal's award winning coverage, blending the best of print and online. Special features include:

  • "Now" Issue featuring updated coverage throughout the day, with top article picks from Journal editors
  • Market Data including quote search and customizable Watchlist
  • Videos and slideshows published with free articles

Click or tap the link below to download The Wall Street Journal from the Apple iTunes App Store.

http://www.wsj.com/mobile

Chris Russell

Apr 22, 2014, 11:56:52 AM4/22/14
to Mark Ulrich, RRT
Are we going to do a show this week?  I could round up some Boston people for you.
Chris,

Chris Russell
cyktr...@gmail.com
781-879-8701

Mark Ulrich

Apr 22, 2014, 12:09:55 PM4/22/14
to cyktr...@gmail.com, RRT
Sure!  You MC and Joe and or I will be happy to man the controls?  When's good for you and others floating on the post-Boston cloud?

James Perry

Apr 29, 2014, 1:40:27 PM4/29/14
to runnersr...@googlegroups.com, cyktr...@gmail.com, RRT
I just wanted to chime in and say that I would love to hear something from people who did Boston.  My wife and I went down and were at Heartbreak Hill in time to see the elites go by, and then for a couple more hours with all of the people running past.  It was my first time in the city for the race.  It was a super cool spot to be in, and the crowd was incredible.  It would be so nice to hear about the rest of the course, and how it was for the runner's.

James Perry

Chris Russell

Apr 29, 2014, 5:02:16 PM4/29/14
to James Perry, runnersroundtable
OK Folks - I put out an APB for Boston Runners on Facebook.  What's a good night for us to calendar this?  Thursday night at 8:00 Eastern works well for me.
Chris,

Mark Ulrich

Apr 29, 2014, 5:07:21 PM4/29/14
to cyktr...@gmail.com, Joe Garland, James Perry, runnersroundtable
Joe - Could you take-on the Timekeeper's role?  I'd do so but have a conflict that day, and as I don't have anything to add to the discussion having been 1300 miles away you're just as well suited as myself.)

Thanks,
Mark

Craig

Apr 30, 2014, 1:41:43 PM4/30/14
to mark_...@yahoo.com, cyktr...@gmail.com, Joe Garland, James Perry, runnersroundtable
I'm in Vegas this week, but could join in.  Having no warm weather training, this year's Boston was short of my goal.  The excitement and support of the crowds was incredible.  I was very excited to hear Meb won and how the other Americans worked together to help him.

Craig Macfarlane

Chris Russell

Apr 30, 2014, 1:51:45 PM4/30/14
to Craig Macfarlane, mark_...@yahoo.com, Joe Garland, James Perry, runnersroundtable
I've got enough volunteers.  What night works best?  Thursday, Friday Sat, Sunday? Can we do 8:00PM ET"

Craig

May 1, 2014, 9:01:55 PM5/1/14
to Chris Russell, mark_...@yahoo.com, Joe Garland, James Perry, runnersroundtable
I assume it wasn't tonight.  I can do Friday any time from noon to 11p ET.

Craig Macfarlane

Chris Russell

May 2, 2014, 8:03:17 AM5/2/14
to Craig Macfarlane, mark_...@yahoo.com, Joe Garland, James Perry, runnersroundtable
Too soon - I came down with something yesterday (allergies?).  Let's shoot for a night next week.  I'm busy Tuesday night and traveling Wed night.
What I'm going to do - once we have a time - is ask each participant to write down a 500 word summary of their Boston - then have them read it - then we'll go around for comments.   I think that will be a good show.  I wouldn't even mind going a little long.
C-,

Chris Russell

May 5, 2014, 10:24:45 AM5/5/14
to Craig Macfarlane, mark_...@yahoo.com, Joe Garland, James Perry, runnersroundtable
Can one of you run the controls for Wednesday night this week? I'll set up the show script and particiapants if that works.
C-,

Mark Ulrich

May 6, 2014, 7:45:33 PM5/6/14
to Chris Russell, Craig Macfarlane, Joe Garland, James Perry, runnersroundtable
Tomorrow night?  If nobody else has responded I could do it.  When?