Future show topics

1 view

Mike Westermeier

May 12, 2014, 9:21:03 PM5/12/14
to RRT
Hi all,

I have a couple of show ideas that I thought I would see if there are any takers to join me, these are all personal for me this year which I will briefly explain below.

Subject 1 - Using the Galloway method - what it is, pros, cons,etc....
Subject 2 - Setting a goal for the year and then having to let it go, how do you reset and move on.

I decided to use the Galloway run-walk method to help me get back into marathon shape as my goal was to run all of the Minnesota outdoor marathons. It got me through my first marathon and allowed me to almost run even mile splits. Now the other side of that is I tore my medial meniscus about 4 weeks before the marathon and using the Galloway method I was able to manage the pain. Unfortunately though, I DNF'd last weekend on the second one as the knee was just a bit too painful to continue so I am now letting that goal go and resetting for the year.

Anyone else have an interest in joining me? I think the Galloway show is the better idea and I don't think we have addressed it on the round table, at least not in recent memory.

Let me know,

Mike Westermeier