Saturday Tobacco Road

Diane Miller

Jun 16, 2022, 11:33:11 AM6/16/22
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, darin acosta

Hi Runners,
This Saturday, June 18th, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run my favorite route - Tobacco Road.   This route can be 8, 10, or 12 miles long depending on where you loop back. And if you go to Westside Park you can get 14 miles. This route has roadside, dirt road, some sidewalk, paved trail along Cow Road, and campus roads at the end if you go 10 or 12 miles. There are water stops every 2 or 3 miles, 3 have bathrooms, 1 or 2 at convenience stores you could buy gatorade. We meet and start at the remodeled store  plaza at corner of SW 34th Street and SW 20th Avenue. We park in the parking lot to the left of what used to be Winn Dixie, now a fitness gym.  Check out the route map on MapMyRun: 13.91 mi Tobacco road and Westside Park     http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/gainesville-fl/tobacco-road-and-westside-park-route-3424693
We will decide about Breakfast and send text when we finish.

Hey it’s time to sign up for the 4th of July Melon Run!

Run happy, Diane

dvmi...@windstream.net

Mar 2, 2023, 3:02:28 PM3/2/23
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, darin acosta
Hi Runners,
This Saturday is Gate River Run.  Who is doing it?  We send you wishes for best fast happy running!

This Saturday, March 4th,  we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m  to run a variation of the SECOND HALF of the old 5 Points Marathon route.  We start in front of the Performing Arts Center at UF and run over the 13th Street pedestrian bridge, go straight to Depot Park, we can get drink there, then to Boulware Springs which has been having no drink so out Hawthorne trail to the water fountain there, then turn and come back, again stopping at Depot park for drink.     It's 11 or 12 miles, so turn around if you want to shorten.

Breakfast Club - will text when we finish.
Run happy, Diane

dvmi...@windstream.net

Mar 9, 2023, 4:33:59 PM3/9/23
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, darin acosta
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, March 11th, we start our run at 6:30 a.m. at the Mill to run to Hunter's Crossing.  It is a mostly out and back course.  You turn around to get in whatever shorter mileage you want.  If you go to 39th and 43rd it is 12, if you go to Hunter's Crossing it is 14.  And we can advise when to turn back for less.  This route has water stops every 2 to 3 miles, paved trail and HILLS on 23rd twice, roadside and sidewalk.  The Mill is the Bakery Mill and Deli restaurant located off Newberry Road, west of I-75, in the shopping center across from the closed Kmart - address is 1143 NW 76th Blvd.  Good breakfast after we run!  We will text for Breakfast Club when we finish.

Advance meeting notice - if you are going to Charlevoix with us this June, we will meet next Thursday evening, March 16th, 7:00 p.m. at West and Fran's house.  Let me know if you can come!

This Friday night is the Florida Track Club Spring Track Meet at Fred Cone Park.  Free for track club members., see FTC website.  Also coming up April 8th is the Headwaters 5K and Club breakfast.  Again, free for track club members.

April 15th is the 12th annual Gator Clot Trot 5K at Santa Fe College.

And a group of us have already registered for this: The Spud Run in Hastings is Saturday May 6th.  Look forward to race, potatoes and cabbage, and potluck brunch! It is a 5K, 10K and do both for the 15K challenge.

Run Happy, Diane

dvmi...@windstream.net

Mar 17, 2023, 2:57:01 PM3/17/23
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria
HI Runners,
This Saturday, March 18th, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run my favorite route - Tobacco Road.   This route can be 8, 10, or 12 miles long depending on where you loop back. And if you go to Westside Park you can get 14 miles. This route has roadside, dirt road, some sidewalk, paved trail along Cow Road, and campus roads at the end if you go 10 or 12 miles. Go to Westside Park to get 14.  There are water stops every 2 or 3 miles, 3 have bathrooms, 1 or 2 at convenience stores you could buy gatorade. NEW START POINT:  We will meet and start at UF in front of Phillips Performing Arts Center, close to road. where we usually start for the run out to Hawthorne Trail.  Check out the route map on MapMyRun but not that starting place: 13.91 mi Tobacco road and Westside Park     http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/gainesville-fl/tobacco-road-and-westside-park-route-3424693

(Weather prediction is saying rain -  I won't be there if that proves true....-but maybe for breakfast)
Breakfast club - we will decide where for breakfast and send text when finish.

Future races:   April 8th is the Headwaters 5K and Club breakfast -  free for track club members. April 15th is the 12th annual Gator Clot Trot 5K at Santa Fe College.  And a group of us have already registered for this: The Spud Run in Hastings is Saturday May 6th.  5k + 10K + do both for 15K challenge.  Look forward to race, potatoes and cabbage, and potluck brunch!   Join us, we will plan the potluck closer to that date.

Hope you're having a Happy St Patty Day!
Run happy, Diane

Kenneth S. Vogel, PE

Mar 17, 2023, 4:01:20 PM3/17/23
to run...@googlegroups.com, Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria

FYI - The April 8th “Headwaters 5k and Club Breakfast” has been changed to the “Tobacco Road 5k and Club Breakfast”.  Same day and time but the location has changed to Squirrel Ridge Park (off of Williston Road).  Most of the race will be on Tobacco Road.

Kenny Vogel

FTC President.