Saturday long run new half marathon rte

dvmi...@windstream.net

Jan 2, 2020, 9:07:28 PM1/2/20
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, January 4th, I hope you are back in town and ready to start the new year off right!  We will start in front of the Performing Arts Center at UF at 6:30 a.m. and run the new route for the 5 points half marathon.  It is attached and I will have a couple copies with me in a plastic bag so we can check it out as we run.  We will run up Hull road to join the route on Museum Drive, which is almost the 4 mile mark.  Drink stops -  You may want to carry a water bottle this time.  Here are my ideas:  We could get a drink around the stadium - anyone know if it is open then and we can get to water fountain there?  Or on Buckman Drive or where we cross University?  if not, we wait to do a slight detour at Westside Park for drink, then the drugstore at 13th and 16th, and at Depot Park.  This route goes down the steep hill on 8th avenue - be careful there!  If you try out this route another day, I would appreciate your comments and will send them on to the race organizers.  And Saturday, look forward to breakfast after we run!

The Sunday morning trail run meets at  7:30 am, leave at 7:45  for a fun run under the trees.  Several marked nature trails allow for name-your-own distance between 2 and 20 miles, the large group means you never have to run alone (unless you want!).  All paces encouraged.  San Felasco south entrance, 11101 Millhopper Road, Gainesville.   Questions?  contact Richard  rjgarand@gmail.com

Get ready to race:   Palatka has an afternoon Life half marathon and 10K on January 18th, Ocala half marathon is January 19th, Newnan's Lake 15K is Saturday, January 25th, and Life South Half Marathon with the new route is Sunday, February 16th.  Also, don't forget Oleno Park 5K is March 7th.  If you are not doing Gate River Run (same day) it's a fun little race to do.  So get registered!

Run Happy in 2020 to all!
Diane

2020 LifeSouth Half Course Cert Map (1).pdf