Saturday Hunters Crossing to AFR Park

dvmi...@windstream.net

Feb 9, 2023, 12:02:54 PM2/9/23
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Cowart, Bobby Frantz <, >, Jenn Fill <, >, Damian Adams <, >, Mark McLaughlin <, >, Robyn Hoelle, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, HuanDinh, johnbanko, Sri, Erin Mullins, Emilio Echeverria
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, February 11th, you have two options.  We will start the long run at Hunters Crossing at 6:30 a.m. to run the route to Westside Park and Alfred RingThis route is 12 miles long, but we can tell you when to loop back for shorter distances. This route has paved trail, roadside, some sidewalk, some hills, dirt trail thru Alfred Ring if you want, and water stops every 2 to 3 miles.  But you may feel safer if you bring your own drink and social distance yourself as needed.   Hunter's Crossing Publix is at the corner of NW 43rd Street and NW 53rd Avenue/Millhopper Road. We park in the parking lot to the right of Publix behind the bank in front of Subway.      http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/alachua-fl/hunters-crossing-to-alfred-ring-park-route-427568    The weatherman is predicting RAIN!  So if that becomes true, just to let you know I won't be coming in, and probably do it Sunday.

The 2nd option is FTC 5 and 10 miler in Micanopy. Free for FTC members but must go to FTC website and get discount code, sign up on Runsignup.com

Time to let us know if you are planning on coming to Charlevoix Michigan in June.  We will have another meeting soon.

Put it on your calendar:  The Spud Run in Hastings is Saturday May 6th.  Look forward to race, potatoes and cabbage, and potluck brunch! It is a 5K, 10K and do both for the 15K challenge.  Register by February 14th for cheapest price!

Run Happy Valentine's Day!
Diane

dvmi...@windstream.net

Feb 16, 2023, 9:25:00 PM2/16/23
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria
Hi Runners,
Yes, we are repeating last week's route because only two brave souls came with the threat of rain, and they ran a different route!  So, we will start the long run at Hunters Crossing at 6:30 a.m. to run the route to Westside Park and Alfred Ring. This route is 12 miles long, but we can tell you when to loop back for shorter distances. This route has paved trail, roadside, some sidewalk, some hills, dirt trail thru Alfred Ring if you want, and water stops every 2 to 3 miles.  Hunter's Crossing Publix is at the corner of NW 43rd Street and NW 53rd Avenue/Millhopper Road. We park in the parking lot to the right of Publix behind the bank in front of Subway.     http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/alachua-fl/hunters-crossing-to-alfred-ring-park-route-427568

Put it on your calendar:  The Spud Run in Hastings is Saturday May 6th.  Look forward to race, potatoes and cabbage, and potluck brunch! It is a 5K, 10K and do both for the 15K challenge.  Register by February 14th for cheapest price!

Run happy,
Diane

to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria
Runners,
This SaturdayFebruary 25th, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. at the Mill to run to Haile.  This route is 8, 10 or 12 miles long, we can tell you when to loop back or how to add more. It is roadside, some sidewalk, paved trail, and we notice hills on way back. Water stops every 2 to 3 miles, two have bathrooms, one is at Haile Publix, you could buy gatorade. The Mill is the Bakery Mill and Deli restaurant located off Newberry Road, west of I-75, in the shopping center across from now closed Kmart. That address is 1143 NW 76th Blvd.  On MapMyRun: 12.05 mi Mill to Haile      http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/235662749

Breakfast Club - We will text when we finish so anyone can join us!