Saturday Hunters Crossing to AFR long run

dvmi...@windstream.net

Oct 27, 2022, 2:25:04 PM10/27/22
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Cowart, Bobby Frantz <, >, Jenn Fill <, >, Damian Adams <, >, Mark McLaughlin <, >, Robyn Hoelle, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, HuanDinh, johnbanko, Sri, Erin Mullins, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, Darin Acosta
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, October 29th, we start our long run at Hunters Crossing at 6:30 a.m.  to run the route to Westside Park and Alfred RingThis route is 12 miles long, but we can tell you when to loop back for shorter distances. This route has paved trail, roadside, some sidewalk, some hills, dirt trail thru Alfred Ring if you want, and water stops every 2 to 3 miles.  But you may feel safer if you bring your own drink and social distance yourself as needed.   Hunter's Crossing Publix is at the corner of NW 43rd Street and NW 53rd Avenue/Millhopper Road. We park in the parking lot to the right of Publix behind the bank in front of Subway.      http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/alachua-fl/hunters-crossing-to-alfred-ring-park-route-427568

Would you rather do a 5K this week?  Saturday, October 29th, Flatwoods 5K is back!  Run in Austin Cary Forest - Register at runsignup.com

And next weekend I won't be scheduling a long run, as most of us will do:  Sunday, November 6th, Tom Walker half marathon and 5K starts at Boulware Springs and runs on Hawthorne Trail.  Register at runsignup.com now

Saturday, November 12th, Cottonmouth Quarter Marathon and 5K, Elkton, FL, register at runsignup.com - we get a PR at that distance!
Also Saturday November 12th, Rescheduled:  Joey's Wings 5K and kids obstacle run - benefits Pediatric oncology.  It is at Santa Fe College with good food and lots of fun kid activities. Starts at 8:30 am, so start your long run there and finish with the 5K! Even has packet pick up the day before.  Register at www.adventuresignup.com

Sunday, November 20th, Central Florida Legends Skunk Ape Marathon, Mermaid Half marathon and Fountain of Youth 5K, Debary, FL, (it's the weekend before Thanksgivingregister at runsignup.com

Go GATORS GO GO!!
Run happy, Diane