Saturday UF start, 1st half of old marathon

dvmi...@windstream.net

Mar 23, 2023, 9:51:09 AM3/23/23
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, >, Jenn Fill <, >, Damian Adams <, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, HuanDinh, johnbanko, Sri, Erin Mullins, Emilio Echeverria
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, March 25th, you have two options.  We will start the long run at 6:30 a.m. in front of the UF Performing Arts Center to run the OLD Five Points of Life half marathon route.  It is 13 miles long.   You can come back on 34th Street for less than 8 miles, or come back on 13th Street for 10.5 miles. This route is mostly roadside and sidewalk and includes hills on the "Bacon Strip" (16th Avenue) and other landmarks we missed on the new course!  This should be the whole marathon route:  https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/175181764  There are water stops every 2 to 3 miles, about 3 have bathrooms, 2 at drugstores you could buy gatorade.   And we look forward to breakfast after our run!

Also, the Trail of Payne is Saturday, look it up on Lloyd Clarke website!

More races to come:  April 8th is the Headwaters 5K and Club breakfast -  free for track club members. April 15th is the 12th annual Gator Clot Trot 5K at Santa Fe College.  And a group of us have already registered for this: The Spud Run in Hastings is Saturday May 6th.  Look forward to race, potatoes and cabbage, and potluck brunch!   Join us, we will plan the potluck closer to that date.
HAPPY  SPRING!
Run happy, Diane