Saturday Long Run Tobacco Road

dvmi...@windstream.net

Feb 20, 2020, 7:09:13 PM2/20/20
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, February 22nd, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run my favorite route - Tobacco Road.   This route can be 8, 10, or 12 miles long depending on where you loop back. And if you go to Westside Park you can get 14 miles. This route has roadside, dirt road, some sidewalk, paved trail along Cow Road, and campus roads at the end if you go 10 or 12 miles. There are water stops every 2 or 3 miles, 3 have bathrooms, 2 at convenience stores you could buy gatorade. We meet and start at the remodeled store  plaza at corner of SW 34th Street and SW 20th Avenue. We park in the parking lot to the left of what used to be Winn Dixie, closer to Bagels Unlimited. Check out the route map on MapMyRun: 13.91 mi Tobacco road and Westside Park     http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/gainesville-fl/tobacco-road-and-westside-park-route-3424693  And good breakfast when we finish!

I hope you had a wonderful Life South 1/2 marathon. I did my 23 so now it's taper time!  Start sending fast thoughts to Team Florida Track Club Enoch Nadler who is running in the Olympic trials in Atlanta on February 29th!

5K race - don't forget to sign up for Oleno Park's Race the Tortoise to be held March 7th!

The Sunday morning trail run meets at 7:30 am, leave at 7:45  for a fun run under the trees.  Several marked nature trails allow for name-your-own distance between 2 and 20 miles, the large group means you never have to run alone (unless you want!).  All paces encouraged.  San Felasco south entrance, 11101 Millhopper Road, Gainesville.   Contact Richard rjgarand@gmail.com

Run happy, Diane