Saturday Tobacco Road

dvmi...@windstream.net

Oct 20, 2022, 8:20:29 PM10/20/22
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Cowart, Bobby Frantz <, >, Jenn Fill <, >, Damian Adams <, >, Mark McLaughlin <, >, Robyn Hoelle, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, HuanDinh, johnbanko, Sri, Erin Mullins, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, Darin Acosta
Hi Runners,
What fun!  This Saturday, October 22nd, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run my favorite route - Tobacco Road.   This route can be 8, 10, or 12 miles long depending on where you loop back. However, I think this puts us in the dark on Tobacco Road, so do we want to consider running it backwards or running down Williston Road to Sweetwater park and looping back on Tobacco Road, then back Williston Road to Cow Road and check distance then? Think about it and we will figure it out before we start! On normal route if you go to Westside Park you can get 14 miles. This route has roadside, dirt road, some sidewalk, paved trail along Cow Road, and campus roads at the end if you go 10 or 12 miles. Go to Westside Park to get 14.  There are water stops every 2 or 3 miles, 3 have bathrooms, 1 or 2 at convenience stores you could buy gatorade. We meet and start at the remodeled store plaza at corner of SW 34th Street and SW 20th Avenue. We park in the parking lot to the left of what used to be Winn Dixie, now a fitness gym.   Check out the route map on MapMyRun: 13.91 mi Tobacco road and Westside Park     http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/gainesville-fl/tobacco-road-and-westside-park-route-3424693

Breakfast Club - We will text when we finish so anyone can join us!

Next SaturdayOctober 29thFlatwoods 5K is back!  Run in Austin Cary Forest -  Register at runsignup.com
If you are not running Flatwoods, and want a long run scheduled, please let me know or I will assume most are doing Flatwoods!

More upcoming races- It's that time of year!:
SundayNovember 6thTom Walker half marathon and 5K starts at Boulware Springs to run on Hawthorne Trail.  Register at runsignup.com
SaturdayNovember 12thCottonmouth Quarter Marathon and 5K, Elkton, FL, register at runsignup.com (Quarter marathon guarantees a PR since we've never run that distance before...)
Also Saturday November 12th, Rescheduled:  Joey's Wings 5K and kids obstacle run - benefits Pediatric oncology.  It is at Santa Fe College with good food and lots of fun kid activities. Starts at 8:30 am, so start your long run there and finish with the 5K! Even has packet pick up the day before.  Register at www.adventuresignup.com
SundayNovember 20th, Central Florida Legends Skunk Ape Marathon, Mermaid Half marathon and Fountain of Youth 5K, Debary, FL, (it's the weekend before Thanksgivingregister at  runsignup.com  That's the marathon I'm training for......

Cool mornings got cooler this week!
GO GATORS GO!!!
Run happy, Diane