Saturday PDQ Vinson hill route

dvmi...@windstream.net

Jan 4, 2024, 8:48:40 PMJan 4
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Jenn Fill, Mark McLaughlin, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, johnbanko, Sri, Frances Saccossio, Emilio Echeverria, Janalyn Peppel, Abram McKay
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, January 6th, we will start our long run at PDQ at 6:30 a.m. to run the Vinson specialty hill route.  This route can be 10 or 12 miles, depending on when you come back.  It includes campus roads, hills, roadside and some sidewalk, dirt trail thru Alfred Ring Park (or go around) hills, and water stops every 2 - 3 miles.  Two stops have bathrooms.  PDQ restaurant is at corner of University Avenue and SW 34th Street, it is the old Grandy's, we park in the back.   Check out this map to remember the route:  on MapMyRun: 12.1 mi Vinson Specialty hill route      https://www.mapmyrun.com/us/gainesville-fl/vinson-specialty-hill-route-309713033

I think we'll be alright on this route in the dark first, but forecast is for rain. So, If I does, I won't be coming into town.  But if that happens and you are interested in running Saturday afternoon, let me know that morn.  I won't be able to run Sunday.

Next weekend:  January 14th Mary Andrews half or marathon on Hawthorne Trail.  Discounts for Track Club members.  See FTC website!
Also, some of us are running Jekyll Island also on January 14th , there is a marathon, half, or 10K.  Check it out!

So I will not be scheduling a long run intown for next Saturday.   But if you want one, let me know where you want to start and when and I can send it out!

Happy  Happy  Happy NEW YEAR !
Run happy, Diane