Tobacco Rd remember start place

dvmi...@windstream.net

Feb 2, 2023, 5:33:46 PM2/2/23
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Cowart, Bobby Frantz <, >, Jenn Fill <, >, Damian Adams <, >, Mark McLaughlin <, >, Robyn Hoelle, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, HuanDinh, johnbanko, Sri, Erin Mullins, Emilio Echeverria
Hi Runners,
What fun!  This Saturday, February 4th, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run my favorite route - Tobacco Road.   This route can be 8, 10, or 12 miles long depending on where you loop back. And if you go to Westside Park you can get 14 miles. This route has roadside, dirt road, some sidewalk, paved trail along Cow Road, and campus roads at the end if you go 10 or 12 miles. Go to Westside Park to get 14.  There are water stops every 2 or 3 miles, 3 have bathrooms, 1 or 2 at convenience stores you could buy gatorade. NEW START POINT:  We will meet and start at UF in front of Phillips Performing Arts Center, close to road. where we usually start for the run out to Hawthorne Trail.  Check out the route map on MapMyRun: 13.91 mi Tobacco road and Westside Park     http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/gainesville-fl/tobacco-road-and-westside-park-route-3424693

Breakfast club - we will decide about Breakfast and send text when finish!

Next weekend, Saturday February 11th, is FTC 5 and 10 miler in Micanopy. Not sure if we are doing it, let me know what you think about long run to schedule.  Free for FTC members but must go to FTC website and get discount code, sign up on Runsignup.com

Time to let us know if you are planning on coming to Charlevoix Michigan in June.  We will have another meeting soon.

By the way, Newnans's Lake 15K was wonderful and I saw 2 eagles!  Have you noticed the robins are here now and the sandhill cranes are heading back north?  The pink Japanese magnolias and azaleas think it's spring too, and they are blooming!  What wonderful times to run!

Remember where we start this week!
Run happy, Diane