Saturday start late and/or race

dvmi...@windstream.net

Feb 1, 2024, 10:04:11 PMFeb 1
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Cowart, Jenn Fill, Mark McLaughlin, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, JohnathanLillie, johnbanko, Sri, Frances Sacoccio, Emilio Echeverria, JanalynPeppel, AbramMcKay
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, February 3rd we are starting late, and you have the option of running a race.  The Springs 7.2K  Run starts at First Magnitude Brewing Company near Depot Park at 11:00 a.m.  So, I am planning to get to Depot Park to park about 9 a.m., as I am doing the race too and packet pickup starts then.    So I will go pick up the race number and packet if there is one, and be back at Depot Park (having done my warm up walk) and ready to start the trail about 9:30 a.m.  IF you are not running the race, just come at 9:30. and you can go out as far as you want on the trail.  IF you are running the race, you turn back when you want to.  IF we get back by 10:30 or so we should be able to put on race number, change clothes if needed, use bathroom, and be at starting line by 11 a.m.  And if you are ONLY running the race, we'll see you at the start or finish line!  Register at Runsignup.com
Hey, there's supposed to be 500 people in this race!  Weather to be cool early, but sunny 50 to 65 degrees from 9:30 to noon!

Coming up:  Florida Track Club's Micanopy 5 and 10 Miler is next weekend, February 10th, free for FTC members, $15 for non members.  See website.  Gate River Run 15K  is March 2nd this year if you want a seeded spot, register now!  Oleno Park Race the Tortoise 5K is back to a beautiful Spring race - March 9th - discounted price for FTC members.  And a group of us are planning to do Spud Run 5K, 10K, or 15K challenge April 27th in Hastings with a big brunch after to celebrate, under the big tree!    Also check out Fernandina Beach 5K and Shrimp Festival May 4th.  Spring is great, isn't it?
Run happy, Diane