Saturday Tobacco Road new start point

dvmi...@windstream.net

Dec 15, 2022, 9:32:09 PM12/15/22
Hi Runners,
What fun!  This Saturday, December 17th, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run my favorite route - Tobacco Road.   This route can be 8, 10, or 12 miles long depending on where you loop back. And if you go to Westside Park you can get 14 miles. This route has roadside, dirt road, some sidewalk, paved trail along Cow Road, and campus roads at the end if you go 10 or 12 miles. Go to Westside Park to get 14.  There are water stops every 2 or 3 miles, 3 have bathrooms, 1 or 2 at convenience stores you could buy gatorade. NEW START POINT:  We will meet and start at UF in front of Phillips Performing Arts Center, close to road. where we usually start for the run out to Hawthorne Trail.  Check out the route map on MapMyRun: 13.91 mi Tobacco road and Westside Park     http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/gainesville-fl/tobacco-road-and-westside-park-route-3424693

Breakfast club - we will decide about Breakfast and send text when finish!

Frank Shorter Mile is Sunday, January 1st at Westside Park
FTC marathon and half marathon is Sunday, January 15thstarts in Hawthorne and will be on Hawthorne trail, has a 4 person relay too, capped at 150 runners so register soon on runsignup.com
FTC 50th Anniversary weekend is MLK weekend Jan. 13th - 16th, more details to follow.

And let me know this week - are you wanting a morning long run for Christmas Eve Saturday December 24th?

Brrr - It's supposed to feel like cold winter on Saturday - layer up!  And watch out for holiday shoppers = crazy drivers.   Remember new starting point for this run!
Run happy, Diane