Hunters Crossing Saturday and Party

dvmi...@windstream.net

Feb 27, 2020, 8:25:11 PM2/27/20
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, February 29th, we  will start our long run at Hunters Crossing Publix at 6:30 a.m. to run the route to Westside Park and Alfred Ring. This route is 12 miles long, but we can tell you when to loop back for shorter distances. This route has paved trail, roadside, some sidewalk, some hills, dirt trail thru Alfred Ring if you want, and water stops every 2 to 3 miles. At least 2 have bathrooms.  Hunter's Crossing Publix is at the corner of NW 43rd Street and NW 53rd Avenue/Millhopper Road. We park in the parking lot to the right of Publix behind the bank in front of Subway.      http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/alachua-fl/hunters-crossing-to-alfred-ring-park-route-427568

We are not planning a breakfast this week, as we are planning a party that afternoon!  If you haven't heard, NBC is broadcasting the Olympic trials Saturday from 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.. So you are invited to Jenny Freeman's house to cheer on Enoch Nadler and two of his elite runners.  Invitation is attached, RSVP if you are planning to come.  Bring a goodie if you'd like!

The Sunday morning trail run meets at 7:30 am, leave at 7:45  for a fun run under the trees.  Several marked nature trails allow for name-your-own distance between 2 and 20 miles, the large group means you never have to run alone (unless you want!).  All paces encouraged.  San Felasco south entrance, 11101 Millhopper Road, Gainesville.   Questions?  contact Richard: rjga...@gmail.com

Race time:  IF you are not going to Gate River Run next weekend, remember Oleno Park Race the Tortoise 5K is also that same day - March 7th.   It's a great state park where the river goes underground out past High Springs, you must get there by 7:30, and there is a hot breakfast this year!  Also the following weekend, March 14th is the Gator Clot Trot 5K at Depot Park.  It's an afternoon race, starts at 12:30 p.m.

Come see us Saturday!
Run happy, Diane

Running Party Olympics.docx