Long Run Flying B + next week

dvmi...@windstream.net

Jul 21, 2022, 8:45:29 AM7/21/22
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, darin acosta
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, July 23rd, some of us are already out in Seattle for next week's adventure, but I think some of you are here and want a long run. So, this Saturday run the Flying B route: start at 6:30 a.m. at the Flying Biscuit to run our own heartbreak hilly route. This 10 or 12 mile route does hills on 23rd, then goes over I-75 to get the big hill on 39th to come back and more hills on 39th. (You can add on one more hill if you go west out 39th a bit before coming back to I75 bridge, which gives you a bit more miles too) If you run up to Hunters Crossing you can get 12 miles in, or come back down 39th/then 34th without going to HC for 10 miles. This route has hills, paved trail, roadside, and sidewalk, water stops every 2 to 3 miles, 3 have bathrooms, at 2 you could buy gatorade. The Flying B is at corner of NW 16th Avenue and NW 43rd Avenue, we park close to 43rd, On MapMyRun: 11.99 mi Flying Biscuit Heartbreak hill route http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/230811065

Breakfast Club - text when you finish if anyone is doing it.

So next weekend send fast be safe thoughts: Saturday 7/30 marathoners: Gretchen, Jess and half marathoners: West, John, Darin, Janis. Half marathoners Sunday: Damian, and Diane is still hurting so very doubtful to be running!

Then, on Saturday 7/30, start the long run at 6:30 a.m to run a variation of the SECOND HALF of the old 5 Points Marathon route. We start in front of the Performing Arts Center at UF and run over the 13th Street pedestrian bridge, go straight to Depot Park, we can get drink there, then to Boulware Springs which has been having no drink so out Hawthorne trail to the water fountain there, then turn and come back, again stopping at Depot park for drink - but you can bring your own drink and social distance yourself as needed. It's 11 or 12 miles, so turn around if you want to shorten.

Someone could resend the 7/30 portion of this message next week as a reminder!
Run happy, Diane

Markie Ou

Aug 4, 2022, 11:49:57 PM8/4/22
to rungnv161, Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, darin acosta
Hi Runners,
We had a super fun time in Seattle! Earned some medals too and Gretchen qualified for Boston! Come hear our stories:

What fun! This Saturday, August 6th, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run my favorite route - Tobacco Road. This route can be 8, 10, or 12 miles long depending on where you loop back. And if you go to Westside Park you can get 14 miles. This route has roadside, dirt road, some sidewalk, paved trail along Cow Road, and campus roads at the end if you go 10 or 12 miles. There are water stops every 2 or 3 miles, 3 have bathrooms, 1 or 2 at convenience stores you could buy gatorade. We meet and start at the remodeled store plaza at corner of SW 34th Street and SW 20th Avenue. We park in the parking lot to the left of what used to be Winn Dixie, now a fitness gym.

Breakfast club - decide about Breakfast and send text when you finish!

FTC Social is also this Saturday at 4th Avenue Food Park, 409 SW 4th Avenue, 5-8 P.M.

NEW RACE: Saturday August 20th, Gainesville Unity Run 5k and 10k at Boulevard Springs, 8 a.m.

Run Happy, Diane

Markie Ou

Aug 11, 2022, 5:06:24 PM8/11/22
to rungnv161, Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Robert P Frantz, jenna999, dcadams, Mark McLaughlin, robyn hoelle, freshwaterk, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rjgarand, courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, huan_dinh, johnbanko, psrao72, Emullinsgiffee, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, darin acosta
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, August 13th, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. at the Mill to run to Hunters Crossing. It is an out and back course. You turn around to get in whatever shorter mileage you want. If you go to 39th and 43rd it is 12, if you go to Hunters Crossing it is 14. And we can advise you when to turn back to get less. This route has water stops every 2 to 3 miles, paved trail and hills on 23rd twice, roadside and sidewalk. The Mill is the Bakery Mill and Deli restaurant located off Newberry Road, west of I-75, in the shopping center across from the closed Kmart - address is 1143 NW 76th Blvd.

Breakfast club- please text plans when you finish running.

It sure is hot now, be sure to drink lots! Summertime, runnertime, run run runnertime....

Run happy, Diane