Christmas eve morning later run

dvmi...@windstream.net

Dec 22, 2022, 8:55:00 AM12/22/22
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Cowart, Bobby Frantz <, >, Jenn Fill <, >, Damian Adams <, >, Mark McLaughlin <, >, Robyn Hoelle, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, HuanDinh, johnbanko, Sri, Erin Mullins, Emilio Echeverria, Janis Acosta, Darin Acosta
Hi Runners,
Saturday is Christmas Eve!  and very cold prediction.  So we are changing time - this Saturday, December 24th, we will start the long run at Hunters Crossing at 9:00 a.m.! to run the route to Westside Park and Alfred RingThis route is 12 miles long, but we can tell you when to loop back for shorter distances. This route has paved trail, roadside, some sidewalk, some hills, dirt trail thru Alfred Ring if you want, and water stops every 2 to 3 miles.  But you may feel safer if you bring your own drink and social distance yourself as needed.   Hunter's Crossing Publix is at the corner of NW 43rd Street and NW 53rd Avenue/Millhopper Road. We park in the parking lot to the right of Publix behind the bank in front of Subway.      http://www.mapmyrun.com/us/alachua-fl/hunters-crossing-to-alfred-ring-park-route-427568

I believe UF changed their security features?  It looks like last week's emails to UF addresses went directly to junk mail, and someone tried to email me back and it wouldn't go through to me.  So, if you know of anyone using their UF email address only, please check if they got this.  Maybe they need to mark me as safe again.

Frank Shorter Mile is Sunday, January 1st at Westside Park
FTC marathon and half marathon is Sunday, January 15thstarts in Hawthorne and will be on Hawthorne trail, has a 4 person relay too, capped at 150 runners so register soon on runsignup.com
FTC 50th Anniversary weekend is MLK weekend Jan. 13th - 16th, more details to follow.

Brrr - It's supposed to feel like cold winter on Saturday - layer up!  Last day for holiday shoppers = crazy drivers.   Remember start time!
Run happy, Diane