Saturday PDQ Vinson hill route

dvmi...@windstream.net

Mar 14, 2024, 10:26:27 PMMar 14
to Elizabeth Chu, Mike Johnson, Elizabeth Kenia Cowart, Jenn Fill, Mark McLaughlin, Kristy Freshwater, RichardRitari, JunePatWilliams, rungnv161, Richard Garand, Courtney, TimVinson, GayRoberts, johnbanko, Sri, Emilio Echeverria, Janalyn Peppel, Abram McKay
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, March 16th, we will start our long run at PDQ at 6:30 a.m. to run the Vinson specialty hill route.  This route can be 10 or 12 miles, depending on where you come back.  It includes campus roads, hills, roadside and some sidewalk, dirt trail thru Alfred Ring Park (or go around) hills, and water stops every 2 - 3 miles.  Two stops have bathrooms.  PDQ restaurant is at corner of University Avenue and SW 34th Street, it is the old Grandy's, we park in the back.   Check out this map to remember the route:  on MapMyRun: 12.1 mi Vinson Specialty hill route      https://www.mapmyrun.com/us/gainesville-fl/vinson-specialty-hill-route-309713033

And we look forward to breakfast club after our run!
Remember I won't be in to run, so look out for new runners!  But I hope to start late and walk some, then join for breakfast club.

April 6th there are 3 5Ks to choose from:   April 6th, 8:30 am is the Gator Steps for Lung Disease 5k, to benefit lung disease research. At UF campus starts on Mowry Road, and also includes a Kid Zone, Food Truck, Raffle, and health screening. Sign up and get more info at uff.to/gatorstepsLD *** Former Olympic runner Keith Brantly, will be at Gator Steps!***  Also, April 6th, the Gator Clot Trot 5K is at Santa Fe College, starts at 10 am, and benefits the Bleeding Disorders Foundation.  It also includes food and games and dogs that play soccer!   https://secure.qgiv.com/event/13thannualgatorclottrot/
Also, Florida Track Club has the Tobacco Road 5k and brunch on April 6th.  Free for club members, see FTC website for details.

And a group of us are planning to do Spud Run 5K, 10K, or 15K challenge April 27th in Hastings- we bring a big brunch after to celebrate, under the big tree!   And there's a cabbage and potato festival this year!   Also consider Fernandina Beach 5K and Shrimp Festival May 4th.

Happy Spring!  Hope you are enjoying the time change that means dark again in the morning for a little while, but more light in the evening to get your runs in after work!
Run happyDiane