Saturday long run 2nd half old marathon rte

dvmi...@windstream.net

Dec 19, 2019, 6:12:14 PM12/19/19
Hi Runners,
This Saturday, December 21stwe will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run a variation of the SECOND HALF of the old 5 Points Marathon route.  We will start in front of the Performing Arts Center at UF at 6:30 a.m. and run over the 13th Street pedestrian bridge, go straight to Depot Park, we get drink there, then to Boulware Springs for 2nd drink, out Hawthorne trail however much you want, then turn and come back, hitting both drink stops as needed.   It's 11 or 12 miles.  And look forward to breakfast after!  This link is the whole marathon route, remember we do a variation of the 2nd half:     http://www.fivepointsoflife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2017-FPOL-Race-Weekend-Map-disclaimer.pdf

The Sunday morning trail run meets at  7:30 am, leave at 7:45  for a fun run under the trees.  Several marked nature trails allow for name-your-own distance between 2 and 20 miles, the large group means you never have to run alone (unless you want!).  All paces encouraged.  San Felasco south entrance, 11101 Millhopper Road, Gainesville.   Questions?  contact Richard  rjgarand@gmail.com

Ring in the new year:  The Frank Shorter mile and kids mustache run will be New Year's Day, January 1st at noon.  What fun!  register now at runsignup.com  And Newnan's Lake 15K is Saturday, January 25th, and Life South Half Marathon with the new route is Sunday , February 16th.  So get registered!

I wish you a very very merry merry Christmas!
Run happy, Diane