Saturday long run

dvmi...@windstream.net

Mar 4, 2020, 9:25:16 PM3/4/20
Hi Runners,
If you are not racing this weekend, we do have a long run scheduled for those staying in town:  This Saturday, March 7th, we will start our long run at 6:30 a.m. to run a variation of the SECOND HALF of the old 5 Points Marathon route.  We will start in front of the Performing Arts Center at UF at 6:30 a.m. and run over the 13th Street pedestrian bridge, go straight to Depot Park, we get drink there, then to Boulware Springs for 2nd drink, out Hawthorne trail however much you want, then turn and come back, hitting both drink stops as needed.   It's 11 or 12 miles.   This link is the whole marathon route, remember we do a variation of the 2nd half:     http://www.fivepointsoflife.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2017-FPOL-Race-Weekend-Map-disclaimer.pdf

Remember I will not be in this week, as I am running Snickers marathon in Albany Georgia that same morning.    Please watch out for any new runners that do not know the route.   It should be cool weather, so send me fast thoughts as you run!

Race time:  IF you are not going to Gate River Run, remember Oleno Park Race the Tortoise 5K is also this Saturday-March 7th.   It's a great state park where the river goes underground out past High Springs, you must get there by 7:30, and there is a hot breakfast this year!  Also the following weekend, March 14th is the Gator Clot Trot 5K at Depot Park.  It's an afternoon race, starts at 12:30 p.m.

The Sunday morning trail run meets at  7:30 am, leave at 7:45  for a fun run under the trees.  Several marked nature trails allow for name-your-own distance between 2 and 20 miles, the large group means you never have to run alone (unless you want!).  All paces encouraged.  San Felasco south entrance, 11101 Millhopper Road, Gainesville.   Questions?  contact Richard  rjgarand@gmail.com

Run happy!
Diane