Rundeck | few queries

Jitendra Ingale

Oct 22, 2021, 7:29:00 AM10/22/21
to rundeck-discuss
Folks,

I have recently started using Rundeck for evaluation purpose.

I would like to get idea about few things,

If I can implement conditional scenarios in Job Workflow ?
For ex. If a specific Step-1 succeeds then it should go to Step-2 or if it fails it should go for another Step/Workflow which is rollback.

If it has any integrations with AWS services ?
Basically I am trying to achieve Disaster Recovery in AWS and wonder if Rundeck can anyway help in this ?
Requirement of DR is like if EC2 is running in one region and if it fails, workflow should be automatically sense the failure and launch EC2 in another region from the latest snapshots available.

Thanks
Jitendra

rac...@rundeck.com

Oct 22, 2021, 10:03:07 AM10/22/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Jitendra,

The Ruleset Workflow Step (Rundeck Enterprise) is specifically designed for your first scenario, take a look.

Regarding the AWS integration, the AWS cloud plugin (Rundeck Enterprise) could help to build a workflow that involves the launching of the EC2 instance. Take a look.

Hope it helps!

Jitendra Ingale

Oct 25, 2021, 12:35:38 AM10/25/21
to rundeck-discuss
The Ruleset Workflow Step is part of Rundeck Enterprise. Is there any conditional workflow kind of scenarios I can build using Rundeck community ?

rac...@rundeck.com

Oct 25, 2021, 7:42:03 AM10/25/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Jitendra,

The best approach on Rundeck community is to create conditional scripts using the inline-script step. Basically scripting.

Regards.

Jitendra Ingale

Nov 9, 2021, 12:13:53 AM11/9/21
to rundeck-discuss
Folks,

Forum has been great help for me till now. I have setup patching for Windows and Linux successfully using Rundeck and Ansible.

Further I would like to know what all use cases people have achieved using Rundeck in various areas? Is there any link or examples I can get to refer?

Basically I am trying to build few Opensource based use cases leveraging Rundeck and hence the request.

rac...@rundeck.com

Nov 9, 2021, 7:09:53 AM11/9/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Jitendra!

Other community channels are Reddit, StackOverflow, PagerDuty forums, and the GitHub space.

Don't forget to check the events and the Youtube channel.

Hope it helps!