change rundeck ssh user

Diogène Mutombo

Jun 11, 2024, 2:52:24 AMJun 11
to rundeck-discuss
Hello,

Rundeck don't use the ssh.user defined in /etc/rundeck/framework.properties
framework.ssh.user=root

I have tested by running a command : whoami on rundeck node and I still have "rundeck" as user (you can see in the attached screen).
I should have root.

Rundeck: 5.2.0
OS: Oracle Linux
Installed using yum/dnf

Best regards

rundecck.png

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 11, 2024, 10:28:51 AMJun 11
to rundeck-discuss

Hi,

I have tested by running a command : whoami on rundeck node and I still have “rundeck” as user (you can see in the attached screen).

The framework.ssh.user is for ssh remote connections if you want to dispatch commands/scripts on the rundeck server as a different user, the best way is to use the Sudo Local Execution plugin.

Regards.