WINRM node executor Python failure

Robert F

Jul 20, 2021, 9:15:19 PM7/20/21
to rundeck-discuss
hi,

we use rundeck community edition 3.4.1 on Debian Buster wirh winrm node executor python with python 2.7.16 and python 3.7.3

And i get this error:

[ERROR ] Execution finished with the following exit code: -1 (winrm-exec.py:330)[root]
[ERROR ] -1 (winrm-exec.py:331)[root]
[ERROR ] a bytes-like object is required, not 'str' (winrm-exec.py:332)[root]
Failed: NonZeroResultCode: [WinRMPython] Result code: 255

is winrm python supportet wirh python 3.7?
With python 2.7 we get the depricated message:
/var/lib/rundeck/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/winrm/vendor/requests_kerberos/kerberos_.py:26: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python core team. Support for it is now deprecated in cryptography, and will be removed in the next release.
from cryptography import x509

Greeting Robudus

rac...@rundeck.com

Jul 20, 2021, 9:37:57 PM7/20/21
to rundeck-discuss

Hi Robert,

Yes, it's supported, actually, I tested the plugin on Python 3.9.5 successfully. Make sure to set the python 3 binary on the project configuration.

Greetings.