Failed: SSHProtocolFailure: connection is closed by foreign host

Chao Yu

Sep 30, 2017, 1:24:31 PM9/30/17
to rundeck-discuss
Failed: SSHProtocolFailure: connection is closed by foreign host

I manage more than 100 jobs, meanwhile maybe 20jobs running
so, often apear SSHProtocolFailure Error

,
other Error: Failed: SSHProtocolFailure: Session.connect: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Alex Honor

Sep 30, 2017, 1:26:38 PM9/30/17
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Can you run a job with Debug log level and also, what version of Rundeck?

Alex Honor

[Rundeck | a...@rundeck.com ]

Kayvon Raphael

Feb 1, 2018, 11:39:39 AM2/1/18
to rundeck-discuss
Hey there - this has also been happening to us since our upgrade to 2.10.4-1 from 2.4.2-1 (yes we were very far behind). Attached a debug output from one of the failures, with rundeck host, the node it was trying to connect to for execution, and the node's IP replaced (RDECK_URL,  EXECUTION_NODE, EXECUTION_NODE_IP respectively).  We were not seeing this issue at all with previous version.

Thanks in advance

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 3:14 AM, Chao Yu <tju....@gmail.com> wrote:
Failed: SSHProtocolFailure: connection is closed by foreign host

I manage more than 100 jobs, meanwhile maybe 20jobs running
so, often apear SSHProtocolFailure Error

,
other Error: Failed: SSHProtocolFailure: Session.connect: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Alex Honor

[Rundeck | a....@rundeck.com ]

rundeck_connection_closed_debug_log.txt

Hazar Güney

Feb 15, 2018, 1:19:19 PM2/15/18
to rundeck-discuss
Any progress so far?

I also have this issue with 2.10.2-1

Chaiwat Jaisue

Nov 10, 2021, 6:56:38 AM11/10/21
to rundeck-discuss
 Hello Friends

I found this case at some time when the project have many jobs executions at the same time.
(in that time have total execution about 200)

Rundeck ThreadCount: 300

SS-20211110_094517.png