Docker stdout Logging colors

TAYLOR J HAMMERLING

Mar 27, 2022, 9:43:30 PM3/27/22
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com

Is there a env variable that can be set or passed thru docker-compose.yml that would turn off the stdout color for the rundeck Docker image?  I am using the splunk docker driver to ship the stdout of the docker container to humio, but am having a bunch of ansi color escape codes that I’m having to parse out.  It would be cleaner if I could just turn off the colors altogether.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Taylor

rac...@rundeck.com

Mar 28, 2022, 8:41:39 AM3/28/22
to rundeck-discuss

Hi Taylor,

You can launch the docker-compose using the --no-color parameter (e.g: docker-compose up --no-color) but it seems that needs some fix to work properly.

Regards.

TAYLOR J HAMMERLING

Mar 28, 2022, 8:43:41 AM3/28/22
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com

I appreciate the speedy reply!

Given that `--no-color` is buggy, I’ll just stick with parsing out the ansi color codes. 😊

Taylor