Timezone inside the docker image ?

Florian J

Jul 18, 2022, 7:19:35 AM7/18/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hello !

I'm using the 4.3.1 version of the docker image.

I have some difficulties to configure my timezone (Europe/Paris) inside the docker image. I tried to set the TZ environment variable, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on the timezone configured inside Rundeck.

Is there another configuration to set to have the right value ?

Regards,
Florian JUDITH

rac...@rundeck.com

Jul 18, 2022, 8:09:16 AM7/18/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Florian,

That inconsistency was reported here, could you add your use case there?

Thanks!

Regards.

Florian Judith

Jul 18, 2022, 8:26:20 AM7/18/22
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, I will do this as my solution doesn't solve the problem described in the issue.
image.png

I had the problem with scripts that ran directly on the server.

I found a solution involving building a custom image, installing the package TZ data with a preseed file to force the local timezone (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8671308/non-interactive-method-for-dpkg-reconfigure-tzdata).

The local script now run with the correct timezone.

Regards
Florian JUDITH

rac...@rundeck.com

Jul 18, 2022, 8:48:00 AM7/18/22
to rundeck-discuss
Great Florian, thanks for sharing your solution.

Greetings!