How to make Rundeck token Permanent

Vinay Kumar

Apr 21, 2023, 8:36:28 AM4/21/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi

I have created rundeck token in profile.
Maximum validity of token is 30 days

But i need permanent Token

Can anyone please help me on this

Thanks
Vinay

rac...@rundeck.com

Apr 23, 2023, 5:25:49 PM4/23/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Vinay,

Take a look at this (scroll down a little bit, and you will see the "rundeck.api.tokens.duration.max" parameter).

Hope it helps!

Vinay Kumar

Apr 24, 2023, 1:27:06 AM4/24/23
to rundeck-discuss
Thanks for your Info.

Vinay Kumar

Apr 24, 2023, 10:18:24 AM4/24/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi

I Have tried this above approach still it is taking 30 days In rundeck UI

I did not get that. I need to add  rundeck.api.tokens.duration.max=0 in config file
or
i need to select 0 in rundeck API Token UI?

rac...@rundeck.com

Apr 24, 2023, 11:46:19 AM4/24/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Vinay,

I tested on 4.12 following this:

1. Stop the rundeck instance.
2. Add rundeck.api.tokens.duration.max=0 to the rundeck-config.properties file.
3. Start the rundeck instance.
4. create a new token, now, new tokens are configured as permanent tokens (0).

Regards.