jaas-activedirectory configuration - plain text password

mirabellaza...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2018, 2:25:14 PM12/3/18
to rundeck-discuss
Hello, I am trying to be more secure than pasting a plain-text password in the active directory config file.

Here is my config:

activedirectory {
    com.dtolabs.rundeck.jetty.jaas.JettyCachingLdapLoginModule required
    debug="true"
    contextFactory="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"
    providerUrl="ldap://example.com:123"
    bindDn="rundeck"
    bindPassword="catdog123"
    authenticationMethod="simple"
    forceBindingLogin="true"
    userBaseDn="ou=test Users,dc=test,dc=com"
    userRdnAttribute="sAMAccountName"
    userIdAttribute="sAMAccountName"
    userPasswordAttribute="unicodePwd"
    userObjectClass="user"
    roleBaseDn="OU=test ,OU=test Messaging,DC=test,DC=com"
    roleNameAttribute="cn"
    roleMemberAttribute="member"
    roleObjectClass="group"
    cacheDurationMillis="0"
    reportStatistics="true";
};

How can I make it so catdog123 is not sitting in plaintext in jaas-activedirectory.conf?

Thanks

rac...@rundeck.com

Dec 4, 2018, 12:08:02 PM12/4/18
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,

For that you need encrypt the bindPassword and that feature is only available on PRO version, you can see how works here:

Best regards.