Using public keys saved in Key Storage in scripts

binaryfire

Apr 9, 2021, 5:13:06 AM4/9/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi all,

I'm trying to use a "Public Key" saved in Key Storage inside a script. However keys of the type "Public Key" don't show up in the "Secure password input" -> "Storage Path" dropdown in job options.

Is there a way to reference / pull in public key values in scripts? I know I could just set them as global variables but I prefer using Key Storage so that the values are available across projects.

Cheers

rac...@rundeck.com

Apr 9, 2021, 9:49:23 AM4/9/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi binaryfire,

By design, Rundeck options only get the password content on job options. Alternatively, you can create a custom plugin and use it later to get the keys content. Take a look at this.

Regards!

Raj Siva-Rajah

Apr 9, 2021, 11:42:45 AM4/9/21
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
No problems, thanks. I'll probably just keep them as global variables for now.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.