bulk update via Import Archive...

Adam Schaffer

Jan 19, 2023, 7:24:40 AM1/19/23
to rundeck-discuss
Is it possible to update all jobs at once? I'm seeing no changes to my job definitions when I try this:

- use Rundeck's Export Archive... and its "Do not modify referenced jobs at export option" to export just the Jobs and download them to my browser
- use Notepad++ to update one or more of the jobs in the XML files---let's say I want to rename a Workflow step
- the folder with the XML job files is in a folder named "jobs", so, zip that to a file named jobs.zip
- use Rundeck's Import Archive... feature to import the jobs.zip file, with these settings on that page - Preserve UUIDs, Do not import Executions, Do not import Configuration, Do not import ACL Policies, Do not import Scm, Validate Referenced Jobs, Do not import webhooks
- click the Import button

Rundeck then shows a message at the top of the screen saying "Archive successfully imported". When I open a job definition, I don't see the expected change.

Can I do this in Rundeck via Import Archive, or maybe do I have to update the XML files directly on my server running Rundeck?

Thanks for your help!

Adam

rac...@rundeck.com

Jan 19, 2023, 8:06:11 AM1/19/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Adam,

What Rundeck version are you using? I tried overwriting my jobs using "Import Archive" successfully on 4.9.0.

Regards!

Adam Schaffer

Jan 19, 2023, 10:47:57 AM1/19/23
to rundeck-discuss