Rundeck status error

Juan Carlos Huayane M.

Oct 17, 2022, 7:07:09 AM10/17/22
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have this version
build : 4.6.1-20220914
buildGit : v4.6.1-0-gc78ff2c,

I have a problem with a job, I do not know why the display does not finish. I add the screenshot of the image.

imagen.png
imagen.png

But if I go to the server and look at the log, the JOB ends correctly, it does not give me an error or warning, I do not know if something is missing. I have to do a kill to kill the process that actually ended correctly, could you help me.

imagen.png

Greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

rac...@rundeck.com

Oct 17, 2022, 9:00:08 AM10/17/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,

Do you see any clue in the service.log file? (at the moment of the job execution).

Regards.

Juan Carlos Huayane M.

Oct 17, 2022, 10:02:04 AM10/17/22
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hello,

[2022-10-17T12:37:33,178] ERROR workflow.EngineWorkflowExecutor - [wf:43bb5816-afc8-488e-8e40-16e0d118d807] Cancellation while running step [1]
[2022-10-17T12:37:33,268] ERROR services.ExecutionUtilService - Execution failed: 282 in project Backup_Oracle: [Workflow result: , Node failures: {oraprod1=[]}, status: failed]

In principle there are no errors in the process of the execution of the job, as seen in the first image, only shows the data recorded until 03:58:38. but the job within the target machine continues to run and ends correctly. but in rundeck is the problem that does not record more subsequent data or errors, in the destination ends but in rundeck continues.

Greetings

rac...@rundeck.com

Oct 17, 2022, 11:51:17 AM10/17/22
to rundeck-discuss

Could you try adding exit codes to your scripts? Take a look at this.

Also, in your script steps define the correct interpreter and file extension (edit your job, go to the script steps, click on the “Advanced” link, and set the interpreter on the “Invocation String” textbox, i.e: /bin/bash for bash scripts, and file extension on the “File Extension” textbox, ie: .sh for bash).

Greetings.

Juan Carlos Huayane M.

Oct 18, 2022, 2:42:05 AM10/18/22
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

But the error is not in the execution but in that rundeck does not show it and does not know that the job is over, because I have another job that does the same thing that does show the process and ends correctly. attached image.
imagen.png

imagen.png

see this is another job and if it finishes and shows the log correctly.

imagen.png

imagen.png

rac...@rundeck.com

Oct 18, 2022, 8:43:18 AM10/18/22
to rundeck-discuss
I see, it seems similar to this.

Could you provide a simple reproducible example script (with a job definition, avoid any sensitive informaion) to test locally?

Regards.