Run and debug the Rundeck question

Leandro Marques Rodrigues

Jan 20, 2023, 10:34:27 AM1/20/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hello everyone, I would like to contribute to the development of Rundeck, however, it seems that there is no practical way to debug the application. Version 4.9.0 I can't even run the run.sh which is in the rundeckapp folder in the project.

With version 4.9.0 I got this error (4.8.0 works fine)
Tried commands:
grails run-app
grails test-app
./run.sh
image

I'm currently using Intellij IDEA Ultimate for Rundeck development, but I can't get the debug working there either, even following the GitHub Wiki documentation. If anyone can shed some light for me, I'd appreciate it.
image
With Intellij in version 4.0.0 and above has this result:

I'm using this configurations...
Node v16.19.0
Grails 5.1.10
Java 1.8
Fedora 37

rac...@rundeck.com

Jan 20, 2023, 1:49:35 PM1/20/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Leandro,

You can generate the war following this and start remote debugging in this way.

Then you can Link IntelliJ with that running war. Take a look at this.

Hope it helps!

Leandro Marques Rodrigues

Jan 23, 2023, 7:18:50 AM1/23/23
to rundeck-discuss
I know this method but rebuild jar every time its massive